the traveller

My photo
i am a writer with my own style. i laugh a lot especially when i get to write the things i love like my travel, food i devour and tasted, music i ran into and poems connecting me to my soul. I get to write thoughts and reflection of my personal life.

Friday, December 20, 2013

WHO SAYS WORK AND PLEASURE IS LIKE TOM AND JERRY?


With voluminous workload especially during the busiest holidays of the year, an early Christmas Side Trip is creeping my way while working. It's not my first time to get to the place but it will my first to visit the CHRISTMAS SYMBOL CAPITAL OF THE PHILIPPINES located at the heart of Tangub City, Misamis Occidental. Indeed, it never cease to amaze me how artistic and creative Filipinos could be. The lights and Christmas decors used are from indigenous materials and other local crafts. I was totally in awe of its uniqueness, ingenuity and yes promoting the Filipino Christmas spirit through its craftsmanship.And i personally chosen a favorite craft as shown in the photo above. If you look closely the decors are made of coconut husks and empty bottles showing how we make Christ as the center of all our celebrations.



I climbed up with this one with my boss, and this is really so high we could feel it swinging while going up to the 4th floor (viewing deck). This one is also a personal favorite, made of Capiz Shells. When I saw this one, it felt warm and secured. It's like a pagoda only that its built on solid ground

Again, who said that work can never be mixed with pleasure? I did not say that. I enjoyed every moment of it since loving your work is also giving your self a "Selfie Time". And yes, this days, we used to call it as "LAAG DIN PAG MAY TIME"

No comments: