the traveller

My photo
i am a writer with my own style. i laugh a lot especially when i get to write the things i love like my travel, food i devour and tasted, music i ran into and poems connecting me to my soul. I get to write thoughts and reflection of my personal life.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Window to One’s Soul

The night is so late or shall I say it is dawn already and I am still looking through the screen of my laptop checking my blogs and my Facebook account but still I cannot sleep even if I wanted to. So, I browse through the bookmarked site of my computer and clicked ANC live streaming. And it was indeed timely because one of my favorite travel shows is on air. Yes! it is “Travel Time” hosted by Susan Calo-Medina, a renowned Filipina TV Host up until today. I’ve watched several episodes of the show and just this early dawn via ANC live streaming I was able to watch the episode “Gardens in the Metro”. It featured several gardens from the Philippine Horticulture Society of the Philippines, a garden in Tagaytay whose owner experimented on the hybrid of plants and one garden in Cavite featuring rare species of plants and herbs.

Watching the episodes brings back good memories where I had to retrieve and/or rescue some plants in the house that suffered and died because I left home for two (2) months. Planting and finding new species and varieties of plants became a hobby of mine and yes, admittedly I have a “green thumb”. I could see the joy in my eyes as I water them every day and even talked to them. While watering my imagination travels to another dimension where I could see myself owning a small farm where I could raise my plants and be able to indulge with backyard gardening and eventually engaged with landscaping. While watching the episodes a lot of ideas came rushing through my head that made me say I am going to pursue this dream of mine in no time. I was brought back to the show where Susan gave a line that strikes me that “having some garden is a window to your soul”. Indeed, it is a soothing hobby to raise plants as it will replenish all the bad energy in our own little world. Until, she said her famous line “Huwag Maging Dayuhan sa Sariling Bayan” (Don’t be a stranger to your own Country). The show did leave me something to think about up to this time.

No comments: