the traveller

My photo
i am a writer with my own style. i laugh a lot especially when i get to write the things i love like my travel, food i devour and tasted, music i ran into and poems connecting me to my soul. I get to write thoughts and reflection of my personal life.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

feel the music!


Last year when I went home to my hometown, I heard my sister was talking about a dance fitness program which was introduced by a common friend. I am talking about the “Zumba” dance fitness which is a Latin-inspired-dance-fitness with cool music and dance steps that will make your body sweat at the same time you will enjoy while exercising. What I like about the Zumba is that it will only take you twenty minutes to sweat your body off and is still a very effective means of burning calories. You only need 20 minute of your time a day (that’s five days a week) to just dance your body and feel the music.

For those people who have heart problem like me, you only need 20-30 minute exercise not because you want to loose weight but you will definitely do good to your heart and cardiovascular health. According to my readings, more than 40 studies in the scientific literature document that cardiac risk can be reduced by 30 - 50% by regular, moderate exercise - averaging far less than one hour per day. As for me, this dance-fitness do me good.

Sources: http://www.zumba.com/us/about/
http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/exercise/a/enoughexercise.htm

No comments: